We're excited to hear from anyone who's interested in helping out. If you don't see a job opening that fits your unique skills, feel free to start by volunteering and stay tuned for future openings.
Position: Staff Horticulturist
Supervisor: Director of Horticulture
Category: Full-time, hourly
Pay Rate: $10-12/hour
Hours: Typically Tuesday-Saturday with occasional Sunday programs
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propagate native plants from seed as well as vegetative cuttings.
- Cultivate and upgrade seedlings and smaller plants for sale in the nursery as well as for placement on the property. Tasks include irrigation, fertilization, pruning, and weed control.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of gardens and restored habitats on the property, including the planting and care of native trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants.
- Participate in invasive exotic plant control.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the spring and fall native plant sales.
- Maintain and organize greenhouse and nursery.
- Maintain horticultural tools and equipment.
- Work closely with greenhouse/nursery volunteers to propagate, pot, and upgrade nursery stock.
- Work closely with garden volunteers to establish and maintain gardens and natural habitats.
- Work with Director of Horticulture to develop public education programs to promote knowledge of native plants and understanding of native plant habitats.
- Update and maintain digital records of inventory and other horticultural data.
- Participate in promotional events related to horticultural activities at Reflection Riding.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
How to Apply
Send personal statement and resume to [email protected] by July 20th.